Sept 16, 2014 – Innovation for Healthy Streets & Neighbourhoods
- George McKibbon, Registered Professional Planner, Consultant, Adjunct Professor – Canadian Institute of Planners – Healthy Communities Committee project re: Legislative Comparison Environmental Scan
- Peter Truch & Ian Roth, Transportation Manager, Heart and Stroke Foundation project re: Innovative Street Design & By-law, Town of Clearwater, BC.
- Olivier Bellefleur & Francois Gagnon, National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy (NCCHPP) project re: Health Impact Assessment Applied to a Subdivsion Plan for Safe & Active Transportation.
- Abdul Masoud, University of BC Okanagan, Canadian Institute of Transportation Engineers (CITE) project re: Active Transportation Status Across Canada.
- Webinar – Presentations-Sept 16, 2014
- Some useful links:
June 17, 2014 – Incubating Active Transportation & Healthy Urban Design
- Sarah Prowse, Physical Activity Promotion Coordinator, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Andrew Ross, Planner, City of Winnipeg’s Urban Planning Division.
- Inge Roosendaal, Program Development Officer, Ottawa Public Health
- Ali Shaver, Planning Facilitator, Capital Health in Halifax
- David MacIsaac, Transportation Demand Management Program Supervisor, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Webinar-Presentation-June 17, 2014-Part I
- Webinar-Presentation-June 17, 2014-Part II
April 24, 2014 – Bringing Health Considerations into the Transportation Planning Process
- Associate Professor Meghan Winters, Simon Fraser University
- Associate Professor Audrey Smargiassi, University of Montreal
- Webinar-Presentation-April 24, 2014 – Part 1
- Webinar-Presentation-April 24, 2014-Part 2
March 4, 2014 – 1:00 to 2:30 pm – Incubating Healthy Communities in Rural & Remote Communities
- Mary Bishop, FCIP Senior Project Manager Environmental, CBCL Limited, & Janet Fay Matthews, BN, RN, MHSc, Public Health Consultant, Newfoundland
- Joy Sluser, Active Living Coordinator, Health Promotion & Megan Jones. M.Pl, Public Health & Community Planner,
- Kevin Gould, P.Eng, Public Health Engineer, Healthy Environments Branch, New Brunswick Department of Health & Holly Owens, MCIP, RPP, Associate, Dillon Consulting Limited
- Webinar PPT – March 4, 2014
- Rural Active Living Assessment (RALA Tool)
- The original RALA tools developed by Active Living Research (ALR) administered by the University of California. http://activelivingresearch.org/rural-active-living-assessment-rala-tools
- Three HCBD Project Teams – from New Brunswick, Regina and Newfoundland – adapted the tool for a Canadian Context. New Brunswick is still evaluating the tool; Newfoundland has not yet tested it; and Regina piloted the tool with some additional tweaks for a prairie context.
- Regina’s version of the HCBD-Adapted RALA tools:
February 19, 2014 – MUEC Webinar – Community Engagement on Active Transportation
- Planners and public health professionals from Montreal Urban Ecology Centre, the Toronto Centre for Active Transportation & Toronto Public Health will discuss community engagement related to active transportation.
- MUEC-Webinar PPT – Feb 2014